This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to create my own module which is an extension of sale.order. I want to have a form view which is like sale order view with few additional fields,
My problem is that when I inherit the sale order view and add say three extra fields these fields comes by default in the Original Sale Order form view too.
is this the default behaviour or am I doing something wrong ? What should I do to achieve what I want.

Discard

Try to look at this small module as example: https://github.com/bamps/smtp-per-user

Best Answer

I think it will be an option , you just inherit the sale.order module and add three new field in python then create its corresponding xml file and then put your desired fields what you want.

Ex. create a class A inherit Sale.order ... in class A add three new fields and then go for its xml creation then keep all the xml properties same as sale.order's just add these three new fields where you want to add after replacing the previous in sale order form.

But may be there many way to achieve your requirement so better decide how u want to ..

Discard