This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have successfully extended res.partner (_inherit='res.partner') with partner specific fields via a new model "my_buyer". These new fields in "my_buyer" are viewable within res.partner and a view was added with "ref='base.view_partner_form'" So that I can update "my_buyer" from the Contacts App.

This all works well.

I'd now like to take/use those new, partner specific, fields from "my_buyer" and have them transfer over to the sale.order.form so that I can present that information on CRM/quotations sent to the partner/customer/buyer.

my_buyer is basically attributes of an individual buyer. When they receive a quotation from me, I want them to see/recall what their attribute value is. I want that attribute tied to their partner record, because that attribute follows along with them through our relationship and any future quotation, purchase from us.

Because my_buyer fields are already within res.partner, and res.partner is tied to sale.order sort of, I thought it's be easy to call the my_buyer fields, but I'm getting errors.

Any help/enlightenment is appreciated.

d

Discard

Please show your qweb and the traceback.

Best Answer

Hi,

If you are looking to inherit and add new fields to an existing view/model, you can do it like this,

In the python side,

class SaleOrderInherit(models.Model):
_inherit = 'sale.order'

test_field = fields.Char(string='Test Name')

then in the XML,

<record id="sale_order_inherit" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name="name">sale.order.inherit</field>
<field name="model">sale.order</field>
<field name="inherit_id" ref="sale.view_order_form"/>
<field name="arch" type="xml">
<field name="partner_id" position="after">
<field name="test_name"/>
</field>
</field>
</record>

The above code will add a new field to the model sale.order, similarly you can add in res.partner model.

You can see here: How To Inherit And Add Field to Existing Views In Odoo

Also if you like to add the new fields from the user interface, without a module, see this: How to Add Custom Field From User Interface In Odoo

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ermin,

I was just adding my new fields via the UI Views, but I'm assuming from your request, that I should be using inherited views, like I've done with res.partner?

like this?:

<record id = "mybuy_form_view" model = "ir.ui.view" >

<field name = "name" > mybuy.form </field>

<field name = "model" > sale.order </field>

<field name = "inherit_id" ref = "sale.view_order_form" > </field>

<field name = "arch" type = "xml" >

Discard