This question has been flagged
1 Reply

My client uses POP email accounts. Under this system, the client's users can download emailsto their mobile phones but those messages stay on the server until they also download to their PC's. Emails are deleted from the server once they have been downloaded to the PC (whether or not they have previously been downloaded to the mobile phone). This system is used so that the PC provides a record of every email received.

But now that I have installed the Odoo Incoming Email Gateway, emails are deleted from the server immediately after they are first downloaded. So if an email is first downloaded to the phone, it never reaches the PC.

I do not understand why the gateway is causing this to happen. Can anybody please explain? What can I do to stop this happening?

Discard
Best Answer

In the Incoming email server  configuration form, look under the "Advanced" tab, there are two fields "Keep Original" and "Keep Attachments"

This is also true for the most known email clients (e.g Thunderbird, Outlook ...), there is an option to let you configure your email client if you want the original message to be DELETED or NOT from the mail server after read.

Discard