Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Income account for products? OpenERP 7

By
joaquin
on 5/9/13, 8:57 AM 5,822 views

REPOST: I didn't get an answer to help me solve this, and I really need one, so Im reposting this.

Hi! I'm new, meaning a total noob. First of all, I speak spanish, so there are certain terms and words related to this, that I don't know. Please have patience xD

Well, I'm trying to sell some test product, and I get the following message:

" Please define income account for this product: "Service" (id:1). "

What does that mean? I can't find anything related to this in the Products properties. I would REALLY aprocieate any help. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

I'm using OpenERP 7

Joaquín.

Priyesh Solanki (pso)

--Priyesh Solanki (pso)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 2 4
--Priyesh Solanki (pso)--
Priyesh Solanki (pso)
On 5/9/13, 9:01 AM

Go to Products menu and open the product, you are selling. Go to Accounting Tab, set Income account from there and save it. Now, re-try your scenario. It should work.

Thanks, Priyesh Solanki

Hi, thanks for the reply. But in the Accounting Tab I only see 2 fields.

Customer Taxes Supplier Taxes

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3108/capturawpf.png

joaquin
on 5/9/13, 9:10 AM

Go to the Settings --> Users --> Users, Open your logged user record. In Access rights tab, Set Financial Manager for Accounting & Finance application, save it, reload it and reopen product form. You should be able to see Income and Expense account in it.

Priyesh Solanki (pso)
on 5/9/13, 9:14 AM

Well, that worked great! Thanks! But I have another question now if you dont mind. I now get this other error:

Please define sales journal for this company: "Your Company" (id:1).

joaquin
on 5/9/13, 9:21 AM

Go to Invoicing --> Configuration --> Journals --> Journals. Create a new journal 'Sales journal' for 'Sale' Type and Analytic journal with Type 'Sale' too and save it. Re-try your scenario. It should work.

Priyesh Solanki (pso)
on 5/9/13, 9:24 AM

Good! Thanks a lot! :D

joaquin
on 5/9/13, 9:34 AM

Enjoy! Good luck!

Priyesh Solanki (pso)
on 5/9/13, 9:36 AM
Esameil Samadi
On 7/12/14, 1:56 AM

To solve this problem go to Sale > Product > choose that product (or one of them) you want to invoice it, on product catagory, click on it to show catagory page (in edit mode click icon next to dropdown box) and in Account Properties can fine Income Account, select it and all the problem solve.

Clinton Hicks
On 5/14/14, 2:22 PM

What if the expense account tab is not in the product creation form

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/9/13, 8:57 AM
Seen: 5822 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM