This question has been flagged
3 Replies

REPOST: I didn't get an answer to help me solve this, and I really need one, so Im reposting this.

Hi! I'm new, meaning a total noob. First of all, I speak spanish, so there are certain terms and words related to this, that I don't know. Please have patience xD

Well, I'm trying to sell some test product, and I get the following message:

" Please define income account for this product: "Service" (id:1). "

What does that mean? I can't find anything related to this in the Products properties. I would REALLY aprocieate any help. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

I'm using OpenERP 7

Joaquín.

Discard
Best Answer

Go to Products menu and open the product, you are selling. Go to Accounting Tab, set Income account from there and save it. Now, re-try your scenario. It should work.

Thanks, Priyesh Solanki

Discard
Author

Hi, thanks for the reply. But in the Accounting Tab I only see 2 fields.

Customer Taxes Supplier Taxes

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3108/capturawpf.png

Go to the Settings --> Users --> Users, Open your logged user record. In Access rights tab, Set Financial Manager for Accounting & Finance application, save it, reload it and reopen product form. You should be able to see Income and Expense account in it.

Author

Well, that worked great! Thanks! But I have another question now if you dont mind. I now get this other error:

Please define sales journal for this company: "Your Company" (id:1).

Go to Invoicing --> Configuration --> Journals --> Journals. Create a new journal 'Sales journal' for 'Sale' Type and Analytic journal with Type 'Sale' too and save it. Re-try your scenario. It should work.

Author

Good! Thanks a lot! :D

Enjoy! Good luck!

Best Answer

What if the expense account tab is not in the product creation form

Discard
Best Answer

To solve this problem go to Sale > Product > choose that product (or one of them) you want to invoice it, on product catagory, click on it to show catagory page (in edit mode click icon next to dropdown box) and in Account Properties can fine Income Account, select it and all the problem solve.

Discard