Odoo Help

In MRP, how to have a list of procedures to follow, and track that they are followed?

By
neil mcguigan
on 6/9/13, 10:49 PM 1,345 views

I'd like to have detailed procedures (preferably with file attachments), that is a worker is to follow when creating a product.

I would also like to track who and when fulfilled the procedures.

Seems like this might be possible with Routings and People Work Centers, but how do I track who actually performed the work and when?

Is this possible in OpenERP?

Thanks!

neil mcguigan
On 6/10/13, 8:52 PM

Going to answer my own question...

install mrp_operations and document modules.

in settings > manufacturing > manufacturing order > planning, enable "Manage routings and work orders" and "Allow detailed planning of work order"

in settings > knowledge > enable "Manage documents"

Create a Work Center. You can attach files (such as a procedure video) to a Work Center

Create a Routing and add Work Center Operations. These are your procedures.

Add a Routing to a BOM

When you make a Manufacturing Work Order, it will use your BOM, its Routing, and its Work Center Operations. A user can view the procedure instructions via the Work Center. OpenERP will track who performed which Work Center Operation via mrp_production_workcenter_line.write_uid , assuming that worker is logged in.

Just need to show who the actual user name now.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/9/13, 10:49 PM
Seen: 1345 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM