This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi all,

I am using odoo v9. i want to remove the tags shown below in the emails recieved. How is it possible. ?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

You have to edit Email templates through GUI ie, form settings-->technical-->Email-->Templates or override the Default Notification Email Template in /openerp/addons/mail/data/mail_data.xml or your custom Email template record and remove those lines or add your custom one.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks Hilar.. That was working !!!

Author

Hi Hilar,

Regards to the same issue in odoo 11 , i have installed the module 'odoo-debrand-11' developed by you. But it does not remove the tag 'Powered by Odoo.' in emails send. Any idea to sort out the issue?

Hi aslam, 
My addon didn't promises that remove odoo promotions on email templates. Then how can you say its an issue. 

On Wed, 16 May 2018, 2:49 p.m. Aslam Up, <aslamup0042@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Hilar,

Regards to the same issue in odoo 11 , i have installed the module 'odoo-debrand-11' developed by you. But it does not remove the tag 'Powered by Odoo.' in emails send. Any idea to sort out the issue?

--
Aslam Up

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

Author

oh sorry. it's my mistake.

Is it possible to remove odoo promotions on email templates in 11 ?

Never mind, yes you can remove odoo promotions from email templates. You can do by interface or hard coded. So you have to find which template need to be getting updated.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Aslam Up <aslamup0042@gmail.com> wrote:

oh sorry. it's my mistake.

Is it possible to remove odoo promotions on email templates in 11 ?

--
Aslam Up

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

--
Hilar AK  Python / Odoo Developer

m: +917736617619
e: hilarak@gmail.com
Follow me:
twitteryoutubegithubstack-overflow

Best Answer

It is impossible to remove the branding

Please anyone saying you can, navigate to Settings > Technical > Email > Email templates and select a template, then try to even find any branding by Odoo: that's right, theres nothing there. This is because it lets you edit only the "inside" of the email and not the actual whole email.

This is frustrating, and for paying customers surely lower than suboptimal 

any thing I miss?

Discard

yeah, if it happens in enterprise, this is a major let down. i hope that someone higher from Odoo can speak about this.

Faris, if I can suggest you ONE thing: leave the fingers from this tool, or burn them (your fingers).

It is not worth even free.

Best Answer

Hi, 

Hilar, could you please help me with this issue as well? So I went into the addons path addons/mail/data/mail_data.xml and I removed the footer section that has Powered by Odoo. However, after restarting the odoo service and testing it, the copyright is still there. What exactly am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Discard

I have exactly the same problem.