Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

In debian package v8, can't set database name

By
F
on 10/27/14, 11:38 AM 1,234 views

I have installed odoo and set up a database on my database server,

however, when odoo starts it tries to access the incorrect database name.

The database I have created is on host 10.0.1.10 and is called "odoo".  I can connect to it from the terminal on the odoo server.

But as you can see from the log, odoo is trying to access a database called "postgres", not "odoo".

OperationalError: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "10.0.1.10", user "odoo", database "postgres", SSL on

FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "10.0.1.10", user "odoo", database "postgres", SSL off

I have set up my config correctly as far as I can see, but odoo seems to ignore the db_name option.

any ideas?

[options]
; This is the password that allows database operations:
admin_passwd = mypassword
db_host = 10.0.1.10
db_name = odoo
db_port = 5432
db_user = odoo
db_password = mydbpassword
addons_path = /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons

Keywoker
On 10/27/14, 12:37 PM

Figure out what username you use to start your odoo server. Check out the logs. It should be the owner of your database.

F
On 10/27/14, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that is the issue. 

The database user name is correct (as tested using psql -U odoo -W odoo -h 10.0.1.10)

The probelm from the logs is thaty odoo is trying to connect to the database named "postgres", which it does not and should not have permission to.  It is ignoring the directive to connect to db_name = odoo

My database server runs a database for a number of different programs and they should be segregated, connecting to the "postgres" database allows changing of usernames and passwords, not a good move for security.

Perhaps on first run, odoo is trying to create a database and wanting to access the user table?  However, I have already created a database.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/27/14, 11:38 AM
Seen: 1234 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM