This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello all,

I am trying to use the feature of OpenERP that allow us to import data from .csv. I manage to do it manually, but now I want to be able to call the massive importation of elements from, let's say, a button.

Is there a way to call the importer of csv from code?

Thanks in advance!

What I Want is the following:

When you click in 'Importar' (spanish for import) in the button of the screen in the first image, you are redirected to the screen in the second image:

Import Button :

First Screen

Massive import :

Second Screen

Is there a way to bypass the action and call the second screen directly from a client action like a button press?

Discard
Best Answer

I have been working on a tool to connect Google Spreadsheets to OpenERP's XMLRPC port. For standard jobs (like creating databases, installing modules, loading data, etc.) you only need to define what you want to do in a Google Spreadsheet. No Python or XMLRPC knowledge required.

The project is available for download from here (alpha stage still, mind you) : Google to OpenERP Data Pump

I'd be most grateful to anyone who would like to fool around with it and complain about all the stuff that's missing or poorly tested.

I have designed it so that it should be very, very easy to extend with any special functionality you might need; pull requests delightedly reviewed, of course. The downside is -- not much in the way of protections -- the code is probably way more open than a true "plugin" architecture should be. The upside is : it's only a few hundred lines of pretty obvious code. I've tried to document well too.

I hope to add a tutorial video about the pump to this channel sometime next week

Discard
Best Answer

There is already module, that will import csv data using detailed configuration: ea_import. Hope it helps.

Discard

I expected to see a link to the module here :-(

enjoy https://github.com/enapps/ea_import

Best Answer

Yes you could call the importer from code, but it is going to be easier to write a Python script that imports the data into the different objects. You might consider using a library like OERPLib

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/OERPLib/

it will make your job of importing data into multiple classes much easier

Discard
Author

Thanks for your response! I already made a script, but additionally I need to do what I post in my question. You claim it is possible to call the screen of the importer directly from client action different than clicking in the "Import" button. Could you tell me how?