This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I think this is a very basic question but I'm very ignorant at virtual ports so I would like to know that question better. Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

OpenERP sits in between your users and the database. There is no particular reason why 8069 is used. If you want to use port 80, then your OpenERP installation will look to your users like an ordinary website. On its back end OpenERP must connect to a PostgreSQL database, in order to make your user's data modifications permanent. The standard port for that is 5432.

Often the database is installed on an entirely separate physical machine, that has no Internet visibility at all, and may be configured to accept connections from no where else but the specific outgoing port and IP address, of the OpenERP server on the front end.

Discard
Author

Thanks Martin, your answer is exactly what I needed to know!

Delighted to be able to help!

Best Answer

localip:8069 or serveripaddres:8069 is in most standard installations the port number for the web interface

If you want to connect eg with pgadmin direct to the database you go to localip:5432 or serveripaddres:5432

Discard
Author

Dank ton123, your answer is also interesting but i can choose only one per question!