Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I want to modify CSV import for Products so I can provide images as URI's instead of Base64 strings.

By
Mick Radakovic
on 3/14/16, 4:14 PM 337 views

My company would like to use the CSV import feature to upload new products in batches, but the fact that Odoo CSV stores the images as Base64 encoded strings makes it very impractical.

I'm wondering if I could modify the existing functionality to grab the images from the URLs or some internal server paths instead, but I don't know where to start with editing a built-in module as the CSV import is?
I'll appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks!!

Motez
On 3/15/16, 4:23 AM

The import is handled in the base_import module. You will need to extend this module functionalities so you may modify the functionality.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/16, 4:14 PM
Seen: 337 times
Last updated: 3/15/16, 4:23 AM