This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I mean where and when should we use res.partner,res.groups,res.users ?can you explain please

Discard
Best Answer

First of all 'res.partner', 'res.users' and 'res.groups' are the objects in OpenERP.

1. 'res.partner' is used to store the customers or suppliers in OpenERP.
  2. 'res.users' is used to store the users in OpenERP.
  3. 'res.groups' is used to store the user groups in OpenERP.

Partners Partner is a person/company who will act as either customer or supplier in OpenERP. So wherever you need to choose a customer/ supplier you can make use of this table.

Users Users represent physical persons using OpenERP. They are identified with a login and a password,they use OpenERP, they can edit their own preferences, ... By default, a user has no access right. The more we assign groups to the user, the more he or she gets rights to perform some actions. A user may belong to several groups. So wherever you need to choose the users, you can make use of this table.

Groups The groups determine the access rights(Access rights are rules that define the access a user can have on a particular object . Those global rights are defined per document type or model) to the different resources. A user may belong to several groups. If he belongs to several groups, we always use the group with the highest rights for a selected resource. Security rules are attached to groups. You can assign several security rules at the group level. When you want to assign some security or want to restrict the access to the objects, you can make use of it.

Discard
Author

thanks a lot.....i understood very well.....i created a report module for a module to print a form with out fetching any objects.....my issue is when i try to install a module xml architecture error i do not know where i am going wrong....please view this link and help me https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x90ykrocworffkz/rusLpiXGVE

How if I will create customer with login capability to create order and payment wtih him self... what should I do with this ?

Best Answer

Some built in modules and models are there in order to create forms. In real world we can consider an example of creating an application form for some job. Similarly here in openerp there are some forms and their corresponding models for entering customer information, users login information, and some other informations. For that purpose the above models are used. Actually, the res.partner,res.users are tables in your database that stores customer information and user informations respectively. res.groups are the models that defines user groups.

Discard