Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I had installed Construction module on my openerp version 7. No error during installation. But, when I go to Sales menu and cre

By
sukri supian
on 6/21/13, 5:58 AM 1,473 views

I had installed Construction module on my openerp version 7. No error during installation. But, when I go to Sales menu and create Sales order, this error occur.

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2235, in fields_view_get
  arch=apply_view_inheritance(cr, user, source, sql_res['id']),
File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2193, in apply_view_inheritance
  source = apply_inheritance_specs(source, view_arch, view_id)
File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2177, in apply_inheritance_specs
  raise_view_error("Element '%s' not found in parent view '%%(parent_xml_id)s'" % tag, inherit_id)
File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 2070, in raise_view_error
  %  (child_view.xml_id, self._name, error_msg))
AttributeError: View definition error for inherited view 'sale_insulation.view_sale_order_insulation' on model 'sale.order': 
  Element '<xpath expr="//field[@name='order_line']/sheet/notebook/page/field/form/group/group/field[@name='product_uos_qty']">' not found in parent view 'sale.view_order_form'

Can anyone help me?

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 6/21/13, 6:11 AM

The fact it installed without errors means that your module and XML is technically correct.

You are getting the error because when you want to use the XML, it is missing a field in this case.

I do not think you need to specify the whole path in order to change some things, see my modification of the same kind of things:

<xpath expr="//field[@name='order_line']/tree//field[@name='tax_id']" position="replace">
    <field name="tax_id" invisible="1"/>
</xpath>

Make sure that the field 'product_uos_qty' is on the screen, before you install your module. And that the name view_order_form is the correct form you want to modify.

Thank you. I had edit all my xpath related and it's worked :)

sukri supian
on 6/21/13, 6:35 AM

Please close the message as solved, so people can see the solution (and I get some credits .. :) )

patrick
on 6/21/13, 9:58 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/21/13, 5:58 AM
Seen: 1473 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM