Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I created a custom report of sales quotation. But the original quotation report is displaying in my quotation button. Code is posted here.Any one plz help

on 11/24/14, 2:50 AM 835 views

Module : quotation

quotation- __openerp__.py

'data': [

quotation- quotation_report.xml    

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<report auto="False" id="report_quotation_sale" model="sale.order" name="sale.order"
                rml="quotation_report/report/quotation_report.rml" string="Sales Quotation"

quotation- report -__init__.py

import quotation

quotation- report - quotation.py

import time
from openerp.report import report_sxw
from openerp.osv import osv
from openerp import pooler

class quotation_report(report_sxw.rml_parse):
    def __init__(self, cr, uid, name, context=None):
        super(quotation_report, self).__init__(cr, uid, name, context=context)
            'time': time,
report_sxw.report_sxw('sale.order.rndU7tBJ','sale.order','addons/quotation_report/report/quotation_report.rml',parser=quotation_report, header="external")

quotation- report - quotation_report.rml

What was the error in my code? This rml is entirely different from sale quotation report, then how is displaying the same report.

| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
On 11/24/14, 4:05 AM

Rosey, are you by any chance use the same Report Name (sale.order) with the original report?  If so, there's the problem.  Report is defined uniquely by it's name.

| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

On 11/24/14, 4:06 AM

You did everything right, except you never actualy caaled your report...
As i can se you are dealing with sales orders...
Now, go to sale module, and check sale_order class, method print_quotation -> this is called from button print quotation.. and you need to override this method, 

AND / OR you need to define new or override existing report server action ( print from More menu on top of creen)
(check in module sale:  sale/sale_report.xml )

Hope ti helps :)

I got the button, but its print the original quotation file not my report.

on 11/24/14, 5:15 AM

treu.. but you still need to override method that calls print quotation with your parameters (report name, paths etc) so it can call your report instead of standard one..

on 11/24/14, 6:24 AM

Thanks for your response Bole. But still i didnt get you.

on 11/24/14, 7:23 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/24/14, 2:50 AM
Seen: 835 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM