This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I'm trying to create a vendor individual that is part of a vendor company... but when I click on the save button, I get the same error as stated in the forum entry:
https://www.odoo.com/es_ES/forum/ayuda-1/question/where-is-there-the-option-to-set-account-payable-and-account-receivable-for-a-new-vendor-98327
that is:
"The following fields are invalid:
- Account Receivable
- Account Payable"

This time there is no option to be set, because, according to what is displayed in the edition form for the new vendor individual, "Accounting-related settings are managed on the parent company".. So even when logged into the admin account there's no option to edit those fields.

Kinda frustrating...
Thanks in advance, for any help that I may receive.

Saludos!

Discard

I tried to create it by doing as you mentioned.

I had done it before, but there was nothing showing in the template dropdown list though.

So probably the template was installed, but not selected. So I selected it, clicked "Apply" and tried again. No luck.

I tried a couple more times, and each time I selected the template for my country and clicked "Apply", it showed below some taxation information as is valid here. But as soon as I went to some other page and back again to the settings, there was nothing showing in the dropdown list.

So my first guess was that it wasn't recording the setting changes appropriately... i scrolled through the logs of postgres that was logging all modifications.. I found that when trying to set this value, there was no related update in the table of companies (res_company) and only some related inserts into other tables (account_config_settings and wizard_multi_charts_accounts).

So I tried by changing this "chart_template_id" value by hand in the res_company table... but even if now in settings it was shown that the company was using the template from my country (no dropdown list), i couldn't create the vendor individual.. So i changed the value back to NULL as it was before.

I also tried installing the Sales App which is somewhat related... didn't work either...

Where can I increase verbosity in the odoo logs?

Is it possible to set up the log to show something for the kind of errors that cause small popup windows to appear?

As it is now, it doesn't show anything related to the error.

I would appreciate any help.Btw.

Im running Odoo Version 9.0c-20160219 (Community Edition) in a Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) host.

Author Best Answer

I'm now able to create a contact for a company, but only when I try to do so from the company page/menu... I edit the company, and then create the contact from that menu... I'm still not able to create a contact or a company, from the "create" button in the contacts menu, if I'm not logged as the administrator...
Hasn't anybody else experienced this issue?

Discard
Best Answer

That error disappear if you install one of the accounting chart of templates for the country you are or manually create the accounts plan needed. Normally yo could select the chart of account for your localization after install anything related to the accounting modules

Discard