This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I've installed suds in Windows 7 with

pip install suds

When I open the python command line and use suds, it works without any issue. However, when I try to use suds (import suds) with Odoo, from a custom module I'm writting, I get

ImportError: No module named suds
Discard
Best Answer

That's because you need to install suds for the Odoo python package, when you install and run Odoo from the window installer it create a whole python installation that contains all the dependencies that it uses, you could copy your installed suds folder to the Odoo python site-packages to be able to use it

or

begin to use Odoo from the source code and run it using the window python installation that will require you to install all the dependencies

or

switch to linux based Odoo installation that it's more recommended than windows, like Ubuntu

Discard
Author

Thanks, Axel. You're right, I know I should be working on Linux, but I can't. One last question: What's the path to the python folder you mention? Thanks again!

Sorry but a lot of time has been since i don't use odoo on windows. Search inside the odoo folder instalation

Author

I copied my installed suds folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20150312\server, and restarted the odoo service :)

I'm installing Odoo 8 in a virtual machine to tell you exactly where you should put it

You are ok with the server folder, but what version of odoo are you using? because I see a suds folder inside the server folder