Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I can use suds from the python commad line, but not from an Odoo module.

By
Marie Pinto
on 12/2/15, 7:21 PM 698 views

I've installed suds in Windows 7 with

pip install suds

When I open the python command line and use suds, it works without any issue. However, when I try to use suds (import suds) with Odoo, from a custom module I'm writting, I get

ImportError: No module named suds

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 12/2/15, 9:35 PM

That's because you need to install suds for the Odoo python package, when you install and run Odoo from the window installer it create a whole python installation that contains all the dependencies that it uses, you could copy your installed suds folder to the Odoo python site-packages to be able to use it

or

begin to use Odoo from the source code and run it using the window python installation that will require you to install all the dependencies

or

switch to linux based Odoo installation that it's more recommended than windows, like Ubuntu

Thanks, Axel. You're right, I know I should be working on Linux, but I can't. One last question: What's the path to the python folder you mention? Thanks again!

Marie Pinto
on 12/3/15, 9:42 AM

Sorry but a lot of time has been since i don't use odoo on windows. Search inside the odoo folder instalation

Axel Mendoza
on 12/3/15, 9:50 AM

I copied my installed suds folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20150312\server, and restarted the odoo service :)

Marie Pinto
on 12/3/15, 10:04 AM

I'm installing Odoo 8 in a virtual machine to tell you exactly where you should put it

Axel Mendoza
on 12/3/15, 10:06 AM

You are ok with the server folder, but what version of odoo are you using? because I see a suds folder inside the server folder

Axel Mendoza
on 12/3/15, 10:39 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/2/15, 7:21 PM
Seen: 698 times
Last updated: 12/3/15, 10:03 AM