This question has been flagged
3 Replies

OK, I have checked everything I can find.

I have followed instructions to disable the shop option from public, and when users and portal users login, they can see the shop link in the title bar.

My issue is that when a portal user (partner with portal access) clicks the link to the shop, they can see the search bar but no products! Also, a system user with only portal access granted has the same issue.

Regular users can see the products and make orders or check prices in the shop as you would expect.

My request is two fold:

1. Is there a way to ensure that partner portal users (customers) can see the products in the shop. (they are enabled in the More option of the customer card).

2. Is there a way to enable the shop views or product search capability from within the portal itself. I have followed instructions on how to create menus and create an action but it is not working.

Is it access rights? Is it views? I can usually work this stuff out, but this has me stumped.

Cheers, Adam

Discard
Best Answer

have you published products? when you login with admin and go to "shop" page, you see all products, but other users will see only published products. one of options to publish product is to go to "shop" page, open product and publish it using publish button (at top right part) if product is not published, buttons color is red with a text "Not Published" on it. whereas for published products button become green, with "Published" text on it.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Temur, I can't comment on your response but that is exactly what I needed! My next question:... as I have thousands of products, I do not want to have to publish each one individually. Is there a way, possibly even on the import fields, or via product category, that I can have the products published in groups?

<edit> I have worked it out. when I am editing products there is a field called website_published which I can set to TRUE or FALSE. I had not seen it before as I had not had the module installed to see it on the exports!!

Thanks again for your response. Lifesaver!

Discard
Best Answer

you can give Website user access to your portal users also so they will have aceess of shop products also. you can add website users group in applied group of portal user group.

Discard