This question has been flagged

In the Odoo CRM app we can define our sales opportunities and make quotations. This gives us insight in the planned or probable revenue coming in. However, the revenues are booked as "lump sums", which is not necessarily the most appropriate for detailed forecasts.

Take the case of a service organisation that sells service contracts at X euro per month during a period of Y months. The total revenues expected for such contract is then X * Y euro. This is what we state in the opportunity with a certain probability of closing the contract.

Now we have some way of forecasting the total sales, but we also want to know how much expected sales we'll be having next month or next year. Then we will need to know the sum of monthly service fees times their probability.

So far I haven't found a way to make this work. Do you know how we can approach this best? Is there a specific addon that can help? I imagine many organisations have such kind of forecasting challenge, in particular with service contracts.

Discard
Author

Many service companies use periodic service fees in their service contracts. It is clear that Odoo can handle recurrent invoices to semi-automate that, but unfortunately the monthly "subscriptions" don't come back in the sales forecast, as far as I can see it. Or maybe there's a workaround that could solve this. I continue looking around... Ideally this would be one smooth lead-opportunity-quotation-sales order-invoice-payment cycle, defined in a service contract.

Did you ever get this to work?