This question has been flagged
5 Replies

We need to set up openerp for a multi shop environment. Our need:

1. One company (one accounting)
  2. Two or more Shops in different cities
  3. Shops should share products, partners, partner debts, etc.
  4. Users in each shop should be restricted to: a) Shop accounting journals (invoice journals, cash and banks journals, etc) b) Shop locations (user in shop "A" can not make moves of shop "B"

Ideas till now:

1. Play around with multi company, the problem I've found here is that I can not share accounting, each company needs it own chart of account
  2. Make a new model called something like "shop", relate account.journal and stock.location to "shop". Then, make some security rules.

Any suggestions? Similar problems? Thanks, Juan

Discard

@Juan,

Have you checked out SaaS 6? Although it's not yet considered stable (as far as i'm aware), I believe it does include a lot of framework changes that allow for multi-website, multi-company use.

I think it is the middle ground between 8.0 and 9.0 and will be used only for SaaS customers on odoo.com.

As 9.0 won't be out for quite some time, you may want to consider it, but as there will not be any clear upgrade path between SaaS 6 and 9.0, i'm not sure it will be suitable for the long-run.

I believe there is an 8.0 branch out there called website-multi-sig, but i'm not sure at what stage the development is, or if it is suitable for your project.

Best Answer

Looks to me like a single company will be the simplest and most robust solution. You will need two warehouses (one per shop) You will need two shops. Since you are a single company both shops will automatically share products and customers. Note that average cost is at a company level - not sure if this is an issue.

Issues: 1. security - I would create different user groups for the shop object - shop 1 and shop 2 etc and put a record rule in that limits what records they can see. Will need to do the same for warehouse if they are using SO (don't think they can change warehouse for POS?).
2. need to think about the journals. you could use an analytic account on the shop to be able to differentiate the revenue when posted, but you probably want to have separate sales and cost of sales accounts? Depends if you are running anglo-saxon accounting or not. This area may require some development depending on what you want.

I think you are largely on the right track

Discard

Hi @Kevin, Thank you. It is a nice solution. I have the same problem now and your above guidance will help me alot.

Best Answer

So it's only possible to have more then 1 shop on the website. But the website is only 1 for all companies in multicompany?

And in this website I can have more then 1 Shop? 

Discard
Best Answer

HI Kevin,

Nice approach. However, ass far as I understand setting up two warehouses for one single company doesn't allow you to have two websites in ODOO SAAS as well.

I could setup the webshop in an alternate ecommerce solution (e.g. Woocommerce/Magento) instead but the connectors for those ecommerce packages are not available in ODOO SAAS, meaning you will have to upload the store data into the ODOO database manually.

Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Denise

Discard