Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to work with Filemaker Pro? (or similar)

By
Landis Arnold
on 5/18/16, 10:19 PM 342 views

Actually, I have gotten a good connection to FileMaker and I have been able to update the data directly.  My question is more like:  Can New Records be added with a DB Client (such as FileMaker) directly to the database?  This would be helpful for "leads" and to make the CSV import process be not so daunting.

Nice to have the FileMaker access as it does make repeating various views (and data checks) much easier.

As a rule, I have tried to do "new records" into Odoo (or similar) in the application itself.  Updating Data seems relatively safe in an outside client, but there could be some "gotchas" there (particularly w/ regards to indexing or changing "a critical record" like "record number" that is commonly a related field to another part of the database.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/18/16, 10:19 PM
Seen: 342 times
Last updated: 6/1/16, 3:42 AM