This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Actually, I have gotten a good connection to FileMaker and I have been able to update the data directly.  My question is more like:  Can New Records be added with a DB Client (such as FileMaker) directly to the database?  This would be helpful for "leads" and to make the CSV import process be not so daunting.

Nice to have the FileMaker access as it does make repeating various views (and data checks) much easier.

As a rule, I have tried to do "new records" into Odoo (or similar) in the application itself.  Updating Data seems relatively safe in an outside client, but there could be some "gotchas" there (particularly w/ regards to indexing or changing "a critical record" like "record number" that is commonly a related field to another part of the database.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Landis,

How did you connect Filemaker to Odoo ?

Thanks

Discard
Author

Sorry for delay here (not often in the Odoo forums).
I have gotten it to work in the past but it takes some precise setups for sure that need to be updated every time you change computers.
If you wanted to "pursue" some more post a follow up. I have notes.

On the plus side, having it work could be very helpful as Filemaker is so generally flexible. But keeping indices working seems a critical challenge, especially if "adding" records. Editing I think is pretty easy.