Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to use Sales Journal

By
Emily
on 4/1/15, 4:22 AM 630 views

Hi, 

In Product Master, I did not setup the Income / Expense Account.  Then, in Sales Journal (SAJ), I changed the Default Debit Account and Default Credit Account to other account code. 

However, when I create invoice from sales orders, I found that the Account Code (in invoice lines) is still using the default one (200000 Product Sales) instead of the one I changed.

I would like to know is there any other setting I need to do?  

thanks!

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 4/1/15, 7:44 AM

When purchasing or selling a product, Odoo will first consider the account specified in the product. If there is no account defined for the product, then will consider the account specified in the product category.

Default Income and Expense accounts in category loads from the Configuration Parameters. To change it, you need to go to Settings > Technical > Parameters > Company Properties and find property_account_income_categ parameter.

In Sale Journal the default credit and debit account allow to automatically generate counterpart entries when you are entering data through Journal Items.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/1/15, 4:22 AM
Seen: 630 times
Last updated: 4/1/15, 7:44 AM