This question has been flagged

I want to generate an invoice with sales.order automatically calculating delivery expenses. I installed delivery module and entered some delivery methods which I can see and choose in sale.order form. But when pressing the button next to this selection box, I get an error message, that no price is available, because there is not any line corresponding to the product or the order within the selected delivery table. If I am honest, I do not even understand what this message means. Sounds like there is the price missing for the selected delivery method, although I entered one for each method.

Maybe, I have not understood yet how to use delivery module in general. For example, I have no idea why it is necessary to link a product to every delivery method. Delivery structure for my case is really simple: It has to be only considered the total price of the order - if it exceeds a special amount, delivery is free.

Could anybody explain me how to be able to automatically calculate delivery expenses and why it is necessary for a delivery method to be linked to one product?

Discard
Author

I have just found out a thing by coincidence: The product to link to a delivery method has to be of the product category "service". So I generated one product of this category and linked this to all of my delivery methods. Now some of my delivery tariffs are working, but some still not (although they have the same structure as the working ones, only other prices). Any idea how this could occur? What is very unpleasant to me is that calculation of free-of-charge delivery is based on total net price of the offer. Can this calculation be based on total gross price of the offer?

Author

Found out why probably not all of my tariffs are working: It seems that they are all working, but that evertime all of them are shown, if they are valid for the current case or not. Some of them have set special countries they are valid for. If I choose such a delivery tariff, but the customer's address does not correspond to these countries, the error still occurs. Seems to be logical now. But more logical would be, that sale.order form only offers valid tariffs for the current case and hides the others. Is there any setting which achieves this?

Best Answer

Hi

I'm just getting started with delivery.  Im trying to understand what are:

Delivery methods

Delivery price lists 

Grid names 

Gridline names

It's all very confusing.  I have managed to create one delivery method called "Own4TTruck-1Wk".  This references the fact that we have a 4T truck which can deliver goods within 1 week.  

I then created a grid called Atlantic to cover 3 states in Honduras that are contained geographically in a sales route.  Then I am asked to add a formula and/or add destinations.  I'm not sure how these things relate to each other.  I wish there was an example or video somewhere.

Discard