This question has been flagged
2 Replies

My supplier issued a new price-list for 2013. How can I best update the prices for this supplier? Do I have to do it product by product?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Well ton123 here my attempt to explain: 1.) Enable importing from csv in: Settings>General Settings>Allow users to import data from CSV files

To update existing products: 1.) Only the articles shown on your monitor will be exported. a)So, if you want to update the products of one supplier then filter by advanced filter "Suppliers name contains ..." b)If you want to update more products then shown on your monitor then "change how many products you show in each screen. It is located on the right corner of your screen." 2,) Select the products with an x and then from "more" select "export". 3.) Choose the fields to update. This might be only "sales description" and "sales price". An ID field is added automatically. Just export the two fields to a csv file. 4.) Open the csv file with your spreadsheet (I use Libreoffice Calc) and make the changes to the fields. Careful -> do not touch the entries in the first column "ID". (example, increase the sales prices by 10%). 5.) Save the changed data back to the csv file 6.) In openERP products choose "Import" (text besides "Create") 7.) Select the csv file, wait a little, then press "Validate" 8.) If no error, press "Import". OpenERP knows from the ID field which products need to be updated and it updates only the fields in the csv file. All other information remains unchanged.

To add additional products: 1.) Export a template from a similar product to a csv file (one product is enough). Make sure that you select all the fields which have a blue background (they are the minimum information required for new products) + whatever fields you want to fill in. 2.) Open the csv file with your spreadsheet. Leave all the field names, but remove the data in column 1 "ID". If there is no id then openERP knows that this is a new product and will issue an id automatically on import. 3.) Fill in all the other fields, especially the blue ones! 4.) Save as csv and import as described above. You will now find the new products in your list.

Discard
Best Answer

You can export your suppliers' products to an Excel file, update the spreadsheet then import it in OpenERP

Discard

I would like to know the detailed steps.

Author

Thank you, that worked fine. But how do I re-import the updated .xls list?

This is where PDI(Kettle) integration comes in handy.

Author

12907 to answer your question: First go Purchase - Products. In the list view to right select an advanced filter "supplier contains ....". This will display all products of this supplier. Then mark all products with x and on top under "More" you find the option "Export".

You must enable importing from csv in: Settings>General Settings>Allow users to import data from CSV files

Author

Ok, import from csv is now a option. However I have to learn about the field values for import :-)

If you learned please post as a tutorial in an answert on this question.