Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to update stock value after manufacturing the product?

By
Remya
on 4/11/13, 7:00 AM 2,846 views

I have create a new manufacturing order. And produce the product. Main product stock updated correctly ,but the stock of the component product shows the negative value. Then, how can i update the stock value after manufacture?

Thanks in Advance.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 4/11/13, 9:18 AM

You can update your stock using periodical inventory menu.

Regards, Mustufa

Where should i find this menu?

Remya
on 4/11/13, 9:21 AM

Warehouse/Inventory Control/Physical Inventories

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/11/13, 9:34 AM

Thanks for your Answer. Can I automatically update the stock?

Remya
on 4/11/13, 9:43 AM

Yes you can go to that product.. You will find "update" button overthere..

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/11/13, 9:47 AM

That I know, but i want minimize the step. Can I automatically update the stock when i manufacture the product? If no, then its ok. And thanks for your fast reply.

Remya
on 4/11/13, 9:52 AM

Not sure but you can chagne your BOM configuration.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/11/13, 9:56 AM

How can i configure BOM?

Remya
on 4/11/13, 10:04 AM

Go to Manufacturing/Products/BOM

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/11/13, 10:07 AM

I'd tried to update stock using product>update , but giving error. ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: stock.stock_location_stock .. I'd tried to locate in the database but cannot find it. Do you know which table that consist the stock value?

Aminuddin
on 4/12/13, 7:02 AM
Nicolas C
On 4/11/13, 5:55 PM

Hello,

Normally, using MRP module, if nomenclature is correctly defined for a given product, producing Qty one of this product will increase stock by 1 once production will be marked as complete. You have many steps within MRP (prepare production, produce, production completed, ...)

I'll suggest to :

1. check the content of your nomenclature (do you select qty to produce = 1 ?)
  2. check you "really" validate all mrp steps
  3. check the stock before/after producing.

Notice that OpenERP maintain different kind of stock : Physical stock, virtual stock, ...

If you define your manufactured product as "make to order", and proceeded like :

1. create a sale order
  2. validate the SO
  3. launch scheduler
  4. perform production

Then your produc will be produced but your "virtual inventory" will not reflect it as.... the produce item is planned to be "ship" as part of the related "parent" Sale Order => OpenERP consider this product as "reserved" for a customer and no more available for an "other sale".

Hope this will help you. Have a nice day. @++ Nicolas

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/11/13, 7:00 AM
Seen: 2846 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM