Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to uninstall module without losing data

voathnak lim
on 7/8/13, 10:36 PM 1,304 views

hello Everyone, is there any option or setting to avoid delete data when uninstall the module?

Viktor Aditya
On 7/9/13, 1:26 AM

I think the easiest way is to backup your data via export data to CSV File..

To export data, you should change the view to List view >> tick the box >> click more >> export

image description

Don't forget to allow user to import / export data in settings

image description

Yes, actually you could just import the field that is needed in your system. Just mark all the field that you don't used as "Don't Import"

image description

Hi, viktor can you tell me how to export data to CSV file? and what if I install the new version of module that have removed some field. so do i able to restore it from CSV file that have more field. Thank you.

voathnak lim
on 7/11/13, 6:33 AM

Hope it will solve your problem..

UNTAR, Viktor Aditya
on 7/12/13, 12:23 AM

Thanks you, Viktor.

voathnak lim
on 7/12/13, 2:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/8/13, 10:36 PM
Seen: 1304 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM