Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to translate messages of models.py?

By
Alexei R. Acosta
on 3/3/15, 1:57 PM 595 views

I need to translate all messages in models.py

I've been looking for translations of this  file messages , but I realize that these messages are not include in any generated .po, I can't find it anywhere.

I'm missing something? What should I do besides overwrite this file and put all message in other language.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Akhil P Sivan

--Akhil P Sivan--
| 5 3 6
Kochi, India
--Akhil P Sivan--

Interested in exploring Odoo both technically & functionality wise.

email-id : akhilpsivan01@gmail.com

Akhil P Sivan
On 3/3/15, 2:12 PM

Hi,

First you need to do the following import in models.py file:

from openerp.tools.translate import _

Then to each messages or field labels which you want to translate, do the following:

for eg:

avg_price = fields.Float(compute='_compute_avg_price', string=_('Avg price'))

That means put the messages in _('your message here')

Then generate the .po file. You can see those messages and give corresponding translation texts.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/15, 1:57 PM
Seen: 595 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM