Odoo Help

4 Answers
Martin Kompas
9/6/18, 12:59 PM

Just signed up and this karma thing...

Anyway, I appreciate the fantastic link on subcontracting, thank you!

I too require multiple subcontracting steps. Mantavya, can you clarify what you mean by "just need to change the raw-material and semi-finished product?"

Does each Material and Subcontracting Route need changing?

Our typical flow for a subcontract scenario:

raw material to In-house milling operations ---> semi-finished milled part to subcontracted heat treat ---> heat treated semi-finished part drop ships to grinding subcontractor ---> semi-finished ground part comes back from subcontractor for hard turning in-house ---> Completed part goes to inventory

From what I've gathered, I would be able to make multiple Material Operations: a Heat Treating Operation, a Grinding Operation, etc. and as long as the product BOM of the semi-finished product has the operation selected, it should drive the need for Subcontracting. Is this correct?

You can achieve clean subcontracting flow in manufacturing out of the box since Odoo has the new inventory management solution.

I am not explaining in detail here, just go through https://odoobooks.com/en/latest/manufacturing/subcontracting.html document and let me know if you have any queries in the same.

In this example I have taken an example of the one step contracting but you can create multiple just need to change the raw-material and semi-finished product.

2 Comments
José L. S. Alaguna
7/13/18, 7:40 AM
Mantavya Gajjar (mga)
7/13/18, 7:46 AM

I did't check that module, but what I have configured is Odoo standard apps to achieve subcontracting flow.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now