This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Each time after install a module, OpenERP 7 jumps to the default homepage, i.e. Inbox page.

How can I stay in the modules page after install the module?

Discard
Best Answer

To change this you'd have to go into the 'base' module and change how the installation process operates, more specifically what it returns once the installation is complete.

The point of the refresh is so that things like the menu items are loaded. Installing modules shouldn't be something worth dedicating that much customization effort to though, so I'd suggest just opening the module in a new tab (middle mouse button clicking, ctrl+click, etc) to at least keep one tab on the module list view. Or, just use checkboxes and install multiple modules at a time from the list view.

Discard

You can also write a module with an empty __init__.py file and an __openerp__.py file that simply 'depends' on the modules you want to install - this installs all modules in a single step.

Author

Good trick, thanks Ray!

Author Best Answer

This is fixed @ rev 5108 http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-server/7.0/revision/5108

Committer: Martin Trigaux
Date: 2013-10-25 15:46:57 UTC
Revision ID: mat@openerp.com-20131025154657-fk7t72hl9cns2279

[FIX] res_config: don't jump to first root menu after applying changes, instead reload and stay on same configuration page

Thanks!

Discard