Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to specify a specific view for an action?

Khwunchai Jaengsawang
on 2/4/15, 4:33 AM 529 views

I'm customizing Odoo 8.0.

I'd like to seperate views for products by categories namely "Machinery" and "Services".

In other word, "Machinery" and "Services" are using the same model but have form and list views of there own.

I have followed an old doc

After I specified a list view for an action using view_id, I lost create button and I cannot click on any item.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there any other way. 

I can't find any up-to-date doc with the same topic.

I have also read this doc

I've tied using views but it seems to be overriden by other views

and there is no example about how to use view_ids or view_id for v8.0

On 2/4/15, 2:39 PM

Hi, I think you have 'lost' the Create button because you have used the 'tree' mode of the view. Using tree and form modes together gives you the 'Create' button back and gives you alse the possibility to have both views on your model. Hope this helps. If you need more specific information, please post your code for the two actions. Best, Ioan.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/4/15, 4:33 AM
Seen: 529 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM