This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Every time when I want to print something on my iPAD a TypeError "nul" is generated. I use v6.1. Others pdf's are doing fine on the iPAD. The openERP are doing fine when I generate them on my PC's with several types of browsers.

This is with the standard browser Safari on an iPAD 2.

How to solve this?

Some directions I am thinking about:

1.Setting in the browser.
2.Setting in the v6.1 serversoftware.
3. Special character issue.
4. Use other browser on iPAD. Which one?

I have done some testing for direction 4, with other browsers on the iPAD.

I. Opera Mini Browser: This browser don't work on private networks because it needs to pass info to an external server to process. This is also not secure enough for me. And there are also other problems with functionality in combination with v6.1.
II. Chrome. Same problem as Safari.
III. Dolphin Browser for IPAD. Same problem as Safari.
IV. Terra Web Browser. same problem as Safari.
V. Puffin Webbrowser. Look's like this has the same issue as Opera Mini Browser. External proxy for processing pages.
Discard
Best Answer

OpenERP is very slow on iOS and Android devices. and PDF creation dont work on default browsers (Safari, Android Browser). By v6.1, PDF creation works great with Opera Mobile browser.

Discard
Author

Maybe your right and speed is the problem. I have added different findings and remark based on some tests I have done with this suggestion. I don't see Opera Mobile browser as a good solution.

i think so. it's to slow. JS waiting for object, but object isn't generated and JS get null object. something like that.