This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I need to show in the database selector databases starting with PPL* or o8_s*, how to do this. I know that I have to write a regular expression in the dbfilter option in the openerp-server.conf file, I tried several times with no success, I need some help to do this. Thank in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

You can use the dbfilter option in the openerp-server.conf file to filter the databases displayed in the database selector.

To show only databases that start with "PPL" or "o8_s", you can use the regular expression ^(PPL.*|o8_s.*)$.

Here's an example of how you can add the dbfilter option to your openerp-server.conf file:

[options]
dbfilter = ^(PPL.*|o8_s.*)$

The ^ character denotes the start of the string, (PPL.*|o8_s.*) matches any string starting with PPL or o8_s, .* matches any characters after that, and $ denotes the end of the string.

Make sure to restart your odoo server after modifying the openerp-server.conf file so that the changes take effect.

Also, it's worth to mention that the dbfilter parameter applies to all server instances in the same machine, so if you have multiple instances of odoo running, this configuration will apply to all of them.

Discard
Best Answer

The first filter is de database user (db_user). Odoo only display the user's database. the other filter are dbfilter parameter in de odoo configuration. if you want all databases starting with "odoo" for example "odoo1", "odoo2" in the odoo.conf put dbfilter = odoo*

Put dbfilter = .* for all databases

hope this help you

Greeatings from cuba

Discard
Best Answer

Update the dbfilter parameter in your conf file like below

dbfilter = ^(PPL|o8_s).*$

Discard