Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to show different alias names for a product based on shop?

komala kiran kumar. Parepalli
on 6/25/13, 10:39 AM 945 views

Hi every one, Here is my senario where in my process of evolution i created a multi company database, where i customized the product to add alias name for different shops.

Where comming to sale order depending upon the shop selected in the sale order the product name should appear while searching in the product many2one field. Its like, if orginal name of product is A and i configured the alias name in shop as B it should display as B but not A in orderline while searching for the product and i achieved this by customizing name_get() method of product.

But the problem here is the display name became temporary, means if once i save the form the alias name which is displaying in orderline is converting into original OpenERP name.

Can anyone help me to fix this. Thanks in advance...

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 6/21/14, 3:37 AM

You may override name_get() and based on the shop chosen on USER, you may display the different name.

As an alternate, you may choose to use the 'translation'.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 6/25/13, 10:39 AM
Seen: 945 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM