This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I know that there are some tutorials on youtube covering how to setup multi company in Odoo 7.0. But I see that now it's different with Odoo 8.0. It seems that the Odoo 7.0 tutorials are somewhat irrelevant now. What I need is setting up two companies, each has a set of users. I can't even set the user's company in the preferences.

I want each user can only interact (eg: create sales, purchases, warehouse operations) with the company he/she works at. Unfortunately I can't find any multi company documentation describing the changes in Odoo 8.0. Could anybody tell me where to start?

Discard
Best Answer

You have to check the multicompany option in "Settings/General Settings" using the Administrator user with "Technical Features" enabled. After that you can set the allowed companies in the user access rights.

Discard
Author

Though I have checked it, I still didn't see the allowed companies settings. But then I saw that in the Administrator preferences, I have not checked the Multi Company option. After I checked it, now it works. Thank you for your answer, Ermin.

Ooops, I forgot to mention that one :-)