Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How To Setup Multi Company Environment in Odoo 8.0

By
Budi Hartono
on 6/24/15, 5:14 AM 939 views

I know that there are some tutorials on youtube covering how to setup multi company in Odoo 7.0. But I see that now it's different with Odoo 8.0. It seems that the Odoo 7.0 tutorials are somewhat irrelevant now. What I need is setting up two companies, each has a set of users. I can't even set the user's company in the preferences.

I want each user can only interact (eg: create sales, purchases, warehouse operations) with the company he/she works at. Unfortunately I can't find any multi company documentation describing the changes in Odoo 8.0. Could anybody tell me where to start?

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 6/25/15, 5:23 AM

You have to check the multicompany option in "Settings/General Settings" using the Administrator user with "Technical Features" enabled. After that you can set the allowed companies in the user access rights.

Though I have checked it, I still didn't see the allowed companies settings. But then I saw that in the Administrator preferences, I have not checked the Multi Company option. After I checked it, now it works. Thank you for your answer, Ermin.

Budi Hartono
on 6/25/15, 6:39 AM

Ooops, I forgot to mention that one :-)

Ermin Trevisan
on 6/25/15, 7:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/15, 5:14 AM
Seen: 939 times
Last updated: 5/26/16, 8:26 AM