This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Can you tell me please how to install Live chat in Open ERP?

Discard
Best Answer

We plan to roll out the live chat & live support features in the OpenERP Online version within the month of march 2013 (we are testing it with our internal users before).

If you installed OpenERP yourself, the module will be available in v8, in one year. If you want to install manually, here are the trunk branches:

• lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-chat2-niv
  • lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-chat2-niv

But it's complex to setup as it implies changes on the way you install/run the server.

Discard
Author

Ok, thank you, I'll be trying to set it up from the branches, regards.

Did u manage to install it ? Can u help with a tutorial ?

Author

Answering, if you ask me, I haven't tried yet, but be sure I'll share the way I did it if I manage it.

Is there any error while setup live caht module??

Is it necessary two go through two branches for installation of live chat?

Instant Messaging is not activated on this server. Please post a description for activation.

Skype in tegration plans to this chatter?

which openerp vesion it can be compatible?

Best Answer

Ok How I can do setup

regards

Discard
Best Answer

The one made for v.8 is too complicated and not so useful. It's better to search for a commercial solution instead.

Discard
Best Answer

The live chat support will be available for Saas clients in version 7 and for the rest of the users in version 8 as mentioned in openerp blog.

Discard
Best Answer

I was able to run it, but when i add the code on my <header> tag, nothing happens.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi;

Try using web_im from Anybox, but it requires NGINX and web_socketio.

Discard

That realy didn't answer the question? How do we setup or where is a tutorial on how to setup the IM Live Chat for website visitors in the V8 version that has Website Builder? Where are is the <head> section that we need to add the code?

Dear Med Said BARA, Please let me know the installation steps.

Best Answer

I to would like to know how to setup the IM LIVE Chat for website visitors in OpenERP v8 (trunk). How do we setup or where is a tutorial on how to setup the IM Live Chat for website visitors in the V8 version that has Website Builder? Where are is the <head> section that we need to add the code? April 2014 and nobody seem to have an answer.

Discard