Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to setup developing environment for openERP on Windows, step by step?

By
Nemanja Dragovic
on 8/7/14, 6:04 AM 1,588 views

Can anyone tell me deatiled steps to setup developing environment for openERP. I'am new in this, and I want to create one custom module. I saw that people usually do that in Eclipse, but I don't know what I need to do... I have installed Eclipse and Python34 and openERP 7 allinone installation for Windows.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 8/7/14, 7:09 AM

I do not know the details on developing on windows, but I know that using python 3.4 is not preferred. If possible, use 2.7 instead.

That said, first check out the basics of OpenERP. Learn how things are done by just looking through the code. Use the developer mode in the browser to see what views and objects are used. The developer mode can be activated by clicking "About odoo/openerp" in the menu of your user, right above the logout functionality.

When you have eclipse installed, also install pydev (www.pydev.org) which will allow you to easily create python projects.

After that has been done, read carefully through the documentation to create your first module. Get inspiration from the existin modules.

This link should get you on your way:

https://doc.odoo.com/trunk/server/03_module_dev_01/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/7/14, 6:04 AM
Seen: 1588 times
Last updated: 2/18/16, 3:14 PM