This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Can anyone tell me deatiled steps to setup developing environment for openERP. I'am new in this, and I want to create one custom module. I saw that people usually do that in Eclipse, but I don't know what I need to do... I have installed Eclipse and Python34 and openERP 7 allinone installation for Windows.

Discard
Best Answer

I do not know the details on developing on windows, but I know that using python 3.4 is not preferred. If possible, use 2.7 instead.

That said, first check out the basics of OpenERP. Learn how things are done by just looking through the code. Use the developer mode in the browser to see what views and objects are used. The developer mode can be activated by clicking "About odoo/openerp" in the menu of your user, right above the logout functionality.

When you have eclipse installed, also install pydev (www.pydev.org) which will allow you to easily create python projects.

After that has been done, read carefully through the documentation to create your first module. Get inspiration from the existin modules.

This link should get you on your way:

https://doc.odoo.com/trunk/server/03_module_dev_01/

Discard