Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set up SSL connection on Windows?

By
thenon
on 4/3/13, 1:19 PM 3,533 views

My .conf has the following lines:

xmlrpcs = True

xmlrpcs_interface =

xmlrpcs_port = 8071

Do they refer to the https interface? Where do I set up a certificate/specify domain name etc? When I go to https://localhost:8071, nothing is there, and indeed, netstat shows nothig listening on that port.

Thanks

I also note these lines: secure_pkey_file = server.pkey secure_cert_file = server.cert but those files don't exist. What format do they need to be in?

thenon
on 4/4/13, 2:58 PM

For anyone else that comes across this, it appears these configs are misleading. I can't find any evidence SSL mode works (in Windows, don't know about linux) and the community doesn't seem to know either. So I'm resorting to a reverse proxy SSL offload to try make it happen.

thenon
on 4/30/13, 6:01 PM

SSL needs to be done with another server. I think these values are left overs from OE6.

patrick
on 5/21/13, 4:34 PM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/21/13, 4:37 PM

On Linux, there are various examples to install another webserver (like Apache or NGINX) to do HTTPS and connect it locally to openERP.

NGINX is available for Windows, so try the following guide.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/3/13, 1:19 PM
Seen: 3533 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM