This question has been flagged
10 Replies
Best Answer

Hi Moubou,

Import the correct Python library for date(times) at the top of your Python file:

from datetime import datetime

and then create the field in the model with the date pre-filled:

your_date_field = fields.Date(string='Your string', default=datetime.today())

This will automatically fill in the today's date in the date field.

Yenthe

Discard
Author

Working Perfectly Thank you Yenthe

It actually doesn't matter how, important thing is that it works ;) 1UP-vote for Yanthe

I would love to give 1up for Fekete as well but I can't :)

@Obx : now you can :-)

Hey @Yenthe how to get first day to month and last day of month as default.

Just for the records, the answer is not correct. With this solution it takes always the date of the day the server was started, see https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/20493

Correct would be

your_date_field = fields.Date(string='Your string', default=lambda self: fields.Date.today())

As can be found e.g. in https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/b9abc757da3034209b083c4ba862edd3865f7637/odoo/addons/base/models/res_currency.py#L238

only the answer posted by Andreas Stauder works for me.

Absolute lie. This does not work and failed me in a project. Administrators must mark this answer as wrong.
default=datetime.today() returns the date when Odoo service is started. If you restart odoo to test the date seems today but if you try few days later the date will be in past.

This will indeed set the default as today - when the code was executed, and not today - when data is registered.

To circumvent this, you can pass a function to the default that will be called every time a default is requested. This is done by specifying default=lambda _ : datetime.today() instead of default=datetime.today()

Best Answer

Hi Yenthe, isn't is easier to do a default=fields.Date.today(), without any other import...

Discard

Agreed that this would be a neat way in order to not use any import. Usually you do need the datetime import for a few things when you've added date fields though. +1 for you!

Author Best Answer

@Rohit Pandey Hello Rohit,

You can try this

first_day_of_month = fields.Date(string='First Day Month', required=True,

default=datetime.now().strftime('%Y-%m-01'))

last_day_of_month = fields.Date(string='Last Day Month',

default=str(datetime.now() + relativedelta.relativedelta(months=+1, day=1, days=-1))[:10])

Discard
Best Answer

1UP-vote for Yenthe. Thank you so much

Discard