Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to serve uncompressed css & javascript

By
agb80
on 3/4/13, 8:22 PM 1,561 views

I have read this somewhere but I couldn't remember where, could anybody tell me how to server javascript & css on a uncompressed way so I can find more easy on what file errors are?

Thanks in advance!

joshuajan
On 3/4/13, 11:18 PM

I think it is compressed by the rjsmin You just need to comment this line and refresh.

content = rjsmin(content)

in /web/controllers/main.py:268

Useful because as openerp fornted is javascript base, a sintaxis error makes imposible to activate the developer mode as usual.

agb80
on 3/6/13, 11:50 AM

You need to activate the "Developer Mode"

Click on you name in the upper right corner, then on "About OpenERP". In the popup, click the link "Activate the developer mode".

test
On 3/5/13, 1:57 AM

OpenERP Web Branch.

Useful directories:

webbranch/addons/web/static/libs : This holds all javascript libs webbranch/addons/web/static/src/js/ : this holds all core javacript for webclient.

webbranch/addons/web/static/css : for webclient css files.

Also to debugging, you can use browser debug mode or firebug likes plugins.

Best to debug with browser's plugin.

Cristian Salamea
On 3/4/13, 9:52 PM

Here maybe the point could be why developer mode is available for all users.

Regards,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/4/13, 8:22 PM
Seen: 1561 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM