This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I'm trying to send mails and replies from the inbox view, previously I did configure my user alias to receive all my mail into odoo mail inbox, but I can't reply or send email from this view .....

There is not "send" button beside "mark all as read" button.

Here is an image of my interface:

Discard

Hi,

I had the same problem

To get the send mail button try updating your odoo. Or you can download the latest mail module and replace your current mail module in your addons

Author

I've the last version from git hub, where can I find out the last mail module?

Author Best Answer

Using your own email servers is required to send and receive messages in Odoo Community or Enterprise.
Odoo Online embeds an out-of-box email solution that works straight away.
However you can still use your own email servers with the online edition.

Nothing more to say, the solution is use or develop a custom module.
Discard
Best Answer

Hello

Did you find a solution for this issue -- I'm facing the same

Discard
Author

Not yet, :(

Best Answer

Absolutely ridiculous that such a critical feature is so convoluted and / or overlooked. I have evaluated quite a few different ERP systems with built-in CRM for a 2017 migration and Odoo is at the bottom of the pack for email communication and CRM integration. Why in the workd would you should need a custom module for one of them most basic business needs is either an oversight or an intentional omission to drive business to their SAS offering. I still have not found a work-around for v10 community so that we can properly evaluate on the Community edition before a migration to Enterprise. If I can't then Odoo is off the table.  Boooo, what a shame.

Discard
Best Answer

Same issue. I have no idea how and why Odoo made such a trivial matter so frustrating to figure out. 

Discard
Best Answer

We have an interface for email like gmail and you have check for ease https://www.slideshare.net/SerpentcsConsulting/odoo-webemail-interface

Thanks.

Discard