Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to send a simple email like in outlook or gmail???!!

By
Abdullah Sofan
on 1/30/15, 10:05 AM 800 views

I am having difficulty understanding how to use odoo as an email client to communicate with customers (or colleagues).

When I click on Messaging > Inbox it says "Share with my followers" and there are also "public groups"... I don't want to share with followers. I just want to send a private message where I type the email of the person and the message and make attachments.

I don't want to use social networking style messaging like twitter as it is quite confusing to my employees who are used to regular email clients like outlook and gmail.

I appreciate your help.

Messaging > Inbox >click on button compose a new message

kaisusr
on 1/30/15, 10:22 AM
Abdullah Sofan
On 1/30/15, 10:24 AM

There is no Compose a New Message in Messaging > Inbox

go to setting>technical>Email> Outgoing Mail Servers > and configure it, don't forget to mark my comment as answer

kaisusr
on 1/30/15, 10:28 AM

It is already configured correctly. The button is just not there. I am using Odoo 8

Abdullah Sofan
on 1/30/15, 10:33 AM

i think that there is no button compose a new message in odoo 8, try this link i suppose that it will help you, http://ma.tvtmarine.com/en/products/openerp/compose-message-button-for-odoo-8

kaisusr
on 1/30/15, 10:36 AM
kaisusr
On 1/30/15, 10:22 AM

Messaging > Inbox >click on button compose a new message

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/30/15, 10:05 AM
Seen: 800 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM