This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to design a module that would allow the use of two different uoms. I.e the product can be sold or manufactured using either bottles or liters. this product is acquired in kg. purchase uom is kg, sales uom can either be in unit bottles or litres

Product X can either be sold in litres or bottles Manufacture either 30bottles of X or select to manufacture 85litres

I would appreciate if anyone can help me on this. I have tried product_second_uom but it does not install on openerp 6.1 keeps saying "No module named mx" even after copying mx folder into openerp6.1/server folder.

Discard
Best Answer

Secondary unit of measure (UoS) is used when two incompatible units of measure are required. For example, live stock is managed in pcs but sold in kg. A weight operation is required for invoicing.

In your case, bottles have a specific volume; 2x1.5L bottles are 3 liters. If you only manage bottled products, you can just define a new volume unit like 1.5L Bottle with 1.5 conversion ratio to liter unit.

If you manage both free and bottled products, or different bottle sizes, you should define those as separate products and use mrp operations to convert free products to bottled products.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your response.