This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello there,

In the backend, on the main menu at the top, when we click on Sales, purchases, warehouse or other... 

This is always the first submenu at the top who is selected by default. Here, below on image, « Supplier - PT » is selected by default because it is the first at the top (according to sequence).

Can we change this and select an other submenu by default? Is the only way to select an other submenu is to change sequence in menuitems?

Thanks to help

Discard
Best Answer

The way to do it is to assign the same action of the submenu you want to the top level menu. For example:

<menuitem name="Top" id="top" action="action2"/>
<menuitem name="Menu 1" id="menu1" action="action1" parent="top"/>
<menuitem name="Menu 2" id="menu2" action="action2" parent="top"/>

That way when the "Top" menu is clicked it will launch the action2 that is the same as the "Menu 2". This will no affect the rest of the menus to be showed or anything else. You can see this behavior on some old dashboards that don't have a menu assigned just a top level menu that trigger the action that show it

Discard
Author

Will try it soon. Thanks a lot. I will come back with my results.

Did you test it?

Author

still not

Author

This way, I can open the right view when I click on the menu. The view opens. But the sub-menu is not rightly selected. No submenu is selected (changed color). But I get the view I want. Thanks.

Best Answer

The only way I know to change this is to change the sequence, which moves another menu to the 'top' position.

Discard