This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Once I saw answer how configure multiple openerp version 6.1 and 7.0 to use on windows, but now i cant find it. I know that i need change openerp-server.conf file ports for example: xmlrpc_port = 8069 -> 8769 xmlrpcs_port = 8071 -> 8771 netrpc_port = 8070 -> 8770 everything work fine.

When I am logged in to one client i cant access to another client in same time. Do I need create new postgreSQL use to access another client? How do I need to do this correctly?

Discard

Hi

this is not a duplicate question, because question is the same but for windows. But method is the same.

Bye

Best Answer

Maybe this may help but they are under Ubuntu

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/tag/openerp/

hope this helps

Discard

Thanks for linking to my blog Omar.

keep up the good work , Lord!

Best Answer

I don't use windows but on Linux it is fairly easy...

• Create new linux system users for each version you want to run,
  • Create new postgres users that match (on Linux postgres used ident authorisation by default) the usernames you just created above so you can't accidentally access the wrong databases
  • Create separate configuration and startup files to match the versions you want above. In these you set the different port numbers for each system...
  • wherever you installed the openerp code, change the ownership of each version to match the Linux user names
  • Configure the versions to write to different log files.

HTH

AlAl

Discard
Best Answer

Check this: http://www.zbeanztech.com/blog/how-run-multiple-instances-openerp-6-windows

Discard
Author

I've used this article to configure two OpenERP instances of same version, but i have problem when i want use both in same time. When i am logged in to one client and i want use another client, first i need to log out and then log in to another.

Are you using different ports for each instance?

Author

Yes i used different ports.

What happens if you log in both of them?

Author

If i log into another, which used the previous stops work and cant browse through the windows.

Have you tried to log in to each instance in different browsers?

Author Best Answer

I solved this problem. I just created new login role on PostgreSQL and in openerp-server.conf file changed db_user =NewUserName and db_password =NewPassword. To use databases need to change database ownership to new created user and restart PostgreSQL.

Thank you all for answers.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you all for answers.

Discard
Best Answer

You can try it with virtualenv. Here at work with do it with oerpenv (https://launchpad.net/oerpenv) which allows you run different versions of OpenERP in the same machine

Discard
Best Answer

You cant run same server for different versions of openerp as its architecture is different. you can try by running different version of openerp server in different ports.

Discard

Err, we do. I have an Ubuntu 10.04 server running, simultaneously, OpenERP versions 6.0, 6.1, 7.0 & Trunk.

Alan, can you describe how you run 4 instances at once? I'd be looking to run the same version, 7.0, but have multiple db's for different clients to connect to. Is there any good docs on how to do this? Thanks.