This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I have below list value, How can i return this list value into a one2many field?

I tried many ways but no output.

[{'current_location': (1, u'Location 1'), 'id': 60, 'location_type': u'own'}, {'current_location': (1, u'location 1'), 'id': 63, 'location_type': u'own'}]

My python code is :

ename = context.get('employee_id');

emp_obj = self.pool.get('hr.employee')
emp_name = emp_obj.search(cr, uid, [('name','=',ename)], context=context)
location_lines = []
location_ids = self.pool.get('employee.location').search(cr, uid, [('employee_id','=',emp_name)],limit=5)

In this location_ids all records based on employee_id  should be as a stored as list.

I want to display the values in list into my one2many field. I want to display the records. dont want to create or write.

I dont know how i overcome the situation. I just want to display values in location_ids into my one2many field in hr.employee. How can i do this using the button click function? Please help me.

Discard
Author

hi

What do you mean by return? Looking at your code, employee.location must be linked to hr.employee through employee_id. I hope emp_name is hr.employee's ID. If so, displaying location_ids in the view alone should displayed all employee.location that is linked to the particular hr.employee. The add functionality is also build in if you use one2many_list widget. Where are you implementing this? Within the on_change mechanism? If it is for on_change mechanism and you want to add a value, use [(0, 0, {'current_location':r['current_location'], 'location_type':r['location_type']})]

Author

I'm using button click. when i click the button, all records from the employee.location based on employee_id will display in the one2many field in hr.employee.

Then I would suggest that the view that shows the location to be made for model hr.employee and only display location_ids in the view. If you pass the current active hr.employee's ID to that view in the window action, it should display the locations automatically.

Best Answer

Writing to a Many2one field :

(0, 0,  { values })    link to a new record that needs to be created with the given values dictionary
(1, ID, { values })    update the linked record with id = ID (write *values* on it)
(2, ID)                remove and delete the linked record with id = ID (calls unlink on ID, that will delete the object completely, and the link to it as well)
(3, ID)                cut the link to the linked record with id = ID (delete the relationship between the two objects but does not delete the target object itself)
(4, ID)                link to existing record with id = ID (adds a relationship)
(5)                    unlink all (like using (3,ID) for all linked records)
(6, 0, [IDs])          replace the list of linked IDs (like using (5) then (4,ID) for each ID in the list of IDs)

In this case use (6, 0, [ids])

Discard