Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to resume a point of sale transaction showing a red light?

By
michel Guénard
on 5/27/13, 7:56 AM 2,474 views

From time to time the POS screen is showing a red light point and a number at the top right corner.

This seems to indicate that the connection has been lost at the time of transaction.

I understood that an automatic process will resume the transactions as soon as the connection is working.

This is not currently working in my case, and I fear to loose the transactions involved.

What steps shall I do to recover?

I have experienced similar problems. Can somebody suggest a solution?

Prateek Jaiswal
on 5/31/13, 5:53 AM
Prateek Jaiswal
On 5/31/13, 6:00 AM

I have experienced similar problems. Can somebody suggest a solution?

Ralph LAvaud
On 6/1/13, 10:37 PM

Red light can happen for a few reasons 1 POS lost connection to the server (solution is to just reconnect and click on the red light)

2 There is a misconfiguration in you default account payable and default account receivable (Solution: Look a the log while clicking on the red light, the error will tell you what is missing more or less, fix issue and click on red light again)

3 There is a bug (solution is the same as #2)

Bottom line is figure out why you are getting a red light, fix the issue and click on the red light to try to re-post.

I hope this helps.

Thierry Godin
On 7/29/13, 7:42 AM

Red light appens when POS cannot send the order to the DB.

When you make an order, POS try to send orders to the DB. If it cannot send them (network trouble, or bad data in the order), the light turns to red and number of blocked orders are displayed near the red light.

In fact, orders are stored in the browser (LocalStorage) , this allows the Offline mode of the POS.

I made some explanation here (in french)

Best regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/27/13, 7:56 AM
Seen: 2474 times
Last updated: 4/2/15, 5:25 AM