This question has been flagged
5 Replies

From time to time the POS screen is showing a red light point and a number at the top right corner.

This seems to indicate that the connection has been lost at the time of transaction.

I understood that an automatic process will resume the transactions as soon as the connection is working.

This is not currently working in my case, and I fear to loose the transactions involved.

What steps shall I do to recover?

Discard

I have experienced similar problems. Can somebody suggest a solution?

Best Answer

Hello Theirry,

I got Red sing with some number and it always show error when i open POS. How can i remove this unsent transaction and make it become green light again?

Your link is not english. please help to give a brief solution here

Thanks

Samdy

Discard
Best Answer

I have experienced similar problems. Can somebody suggest a solution?

Discard
Best Answer

Red light appens when POS cannot send the order to the DB.

When you make an order, POS try to send orders to the DB. If it cannot send them (network trouble, or bad data in the order), the light turns to red and number of blocked orders are displayed near the red light.

In fact, orders are stored in the browser (LocalStorage) , this allows the Offline mode of the POS.

I made some explanation here (in french)

Best regards

Discard
Best Answer

Red light can happen for a few reasons 1 POS lost connection to the server (solution is to just reconnect and click on the red light)

2 There is a misconfiguration in you default account payable and default account receivable (Solution: Look a the log while clicking on the red light, the error will tell you what is missing more or less, fix issue and click on red light again)

3 There is a bug (solution is the same as #2)

Bottom line is figure out why you are getting a red light, fix the issue and click on the red light to try to re-post.

I hope this helps.

Discard