This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Dear all,

I want to replace password reset mail template. But without touch odoo source codes.

For example: I don't want to delete or edit Auth Signup: Reset Password template via created auth_signup.

I created a template via custom addon and install it on Odoo. I can find this template in Settings>Technical>Email>Templates.

Now I want to set this custom template for password reset process.

I find auth_signup.reset_password_email in Settings>Technical>Sequences & Identifiers>External Identifiers. When I change Record ID to my custom mail template record ID is working. Odoo start the use custom mail template for password reset.

My questions;

1. Is this method correct for replace mail template without touch any source code of Odoo?

2. If it is correct way, how can i change Record ID of auth_signup.reset_password_email to custom mail template id via app?
3. Is there any other correct method?

Best regards

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Senturk,

I have a problem similar to this I suppose, and that is why I am writing here.

I made a copy of email template named "Auth Signup : Odoo Connection" and changed the original suiting my need. Due to some reason I deleted that original template and renamed the copied template to original template name.

Now, the user invitation emails are sending the password reset template. It seems like the copied Odoo Connection template is now not being recognized by the system.

When I checked in the External Identifiers, the Odoo Connection identifier is missing.

Can you please help me what should I do?

Discard