Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to remove focus from readonly fields ?

By
Jignesh Mehta
on 6/21/16, 1:38 AM 1,094 views

Hello,

I have one wizard in which 9 fields are there. Out of 9 fields, 4 fields are read only.

When wizard is open, i used TAB key for fill the value in fields.

When i used TAB key, focus also gone to read only fields. But i want to remove it. When i fill last fields, the focus directly gone to button using TAB.

Also I want to focus on specified fields on TAB.

Wizard Code :-

<div class="col-md-4">

<group>

<field name="lot_id" options="{'no_create': True}" required="1" attrs="{'readonly' : [('have_product', '=', True)], 'required' : [('have_product', '=', False)]}"/>

<field name="type_product_id" readonly="1" tabindex="-1"/>

<field name="shape_product_id" readonly="1" tabindex="-1"/>

<field name="color_product_id" readonly="1" tabindex="-1"/>

<field name="size_product_id" readonly="1" tabindex="-1"/>

<field name="clarity_product_id" readonly="1" tabindex="-1"/>

<field name="have_product" invisible="1"/>

</group>

</div>

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ahmed M.Elmubarak

--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--
| 5 3 5
Sudan
--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
On 6/21/16, 4:42 AM

Hello,

The readonly fields is not tabindexed by default [Which version you're using ?], moreover you can set the attribute tabindex="-1" remove the tab index focus and you can use the same attribute with different numbers  to order your fields by tab indexing ...

Hope this could help ...

Hello Ahmed, I am using version 9.0 of odoo. I used tabindex="-1" in readonly field but still facing same issue.

Jignesh Mehta
on 6/22/16, 12:22 AM

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 6/22/16, 3:04 AM

Hello 

I have tested below code for version 8.0 and 9.0 its skip tab focus.

<field name="phone" readonly='1' tabindex="-1"/>

<field name="mobile" tabindex="-1"/>

<field name="fax" readonly='1' tabindex="-1"/>

Thanks sir. But i am facing same issue using tabindex="-1". See my updated question in which i have added code for wizard.

Jignesh Mehta
on 6/22/16, 3:17 AM

Hello Jigesh,

I tested tabinex=-1 with many2one field its not work with read only field with many2one

Jagdish Panchal
on 6/24/16, 3:11 AM

Thank you so much sir. But I want it with readonly many2one field. Is there any other idea ?

Jignesh Mehta
on 6/25/16, 12:24 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/21/16, 1:38 AM
Seen: 1094 times
Last updated: 8/19/16, 3:01 AM