Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to remove demo data from an already live and running application?

By
Sohail
on 6/27/13, 7:34 AM 8,422 views

I need to remove Your company and other demo data from an existing application without affecting the useful records. The other company data should remain intact only demo data should be removed.

Keyur

--Keyur--
| 4 4 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Keyur--

Odoo Expert

Keyur
On 6/27/13, 7:44 AM

Hi Sohail,

You should create new database without demo data instead removing demo data from existing database.

I just suggested you an option. There is not any module available to remove demo data. You need to delete it manually. It may happen that in some cases you can't delete demo data record because it is depend on some other record which is necessary.

Keyur
on 6/27/13, 7:51 AM

@keyur I am having the same problem I want to remove demo data but in my database I have created some new fileds and done some customization everything will be lost Is there any other option for me ??

umer farooq
on 11/22/13, 9:14 AM

@umer the only way I can see, is you can export data from your existing database and import them in new database which has no demo data installed.

Keyur
on 11/26/13, 9:21 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/27/13, 7:34 AM
Seen: 8422 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM