This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have create a new theme to add a button with custom css and js to the home webpage, everything works good after installing it but when I try to remove the theme nothing seems to happen, the button still remains on the home page.

How should I remove the theme if I do not want to continue using it on that website, should I use a module instead of theme?

Here is the xpath that I am using to insert the button using the theme, I am inheriting from website.layout:

<xpath expr="//div[@id='wrapwrap']/header/nav" position="after">                 

<div class="container">               

<div class="text-center">                  

<button class="btn btn-lg btn-primary rounded-circle rounded-circle rounded-circle rounded-circle" data-original-title="" title="" aria-describedby="tooltip747788" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#exampleModalLong"> New <i class="fa fa-plus-circle" />                  

</button> 

</div>            

</div>         

</xpath>

Thank you

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello Haresh,

Thanks for you help, I have tried, the following:

1- Removing browser cache

2- Remove theme from website

3- Remove theme module from odoo apps

4- Upgrade website and web modules

After completing those steps, the button and css remains the same. It only worked reinstalling website module.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Carlos,

It's happen due to cache and frontend assets storage issue.

I think every frontend assets file stored somewhere.

So what you need to do:

1) First try to remove cache, may be it's works Download Cache remover for browse

2) If you don't don't want your created theme module then just uninstall it.

3) After uninstalling, upgrade module website and web

I hope it will helpful for you.

Thanks and regards

Haresh Kansara

Discard