This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have OpenERP 7.0 Now I want to use it continue for a long.

All my company transactions are recorded since a long, Now we had renamed company in business.

Now old company we want to close and transaction want to forward to new company & old balance too.

How can we do within OpenERP System.?

Note: Old company in OpenERP 7, New company also in OpenERP 7.0

Discard
Best Answer

Zahin,  I would suggest to just change the particular of that company rather than "closing" one company and "opening" another.  Any particular reason for considering that option instead of just changing the particulars?  You can always back-up the database prior to the change of particulars and then all "old" documents can be access through this back-up.

Discard
Author

I have to close old company & start new company with new name, but need all transaction details in new company. so can't separate database. Just one db solution expected. Any how shell I utilize multi-company parameter! ?

Zahin, AFAIK, there is no tool in OpenERP to "migrate" between companies. You can open a new company, export the master data (accounts, partners, etc.) from old company and import it to the new company, but that's about it. You can check out modules that allow for sharing some objects amongts company such (partners and products are the two that I remember could be shared on top of my head). But there is no tool readily available to migrate open items (Invoices that are not paid, Journal Entries that are not posted, ec.). You need to build that migration tool.