Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to put tooltip message on fields rather than labels

By
Romuald Franck
on 11/11/13, 3:13 AM 2,206 views

Good morning, My question, please, is how can we put help tooltip message on fields rather than labels (which is by default) so that when the user put the cursor n the textfield the tooltip message appears.

Bhavesh
On 11/11/13, 3:42 AM

Hello, in .py side need to put field attribut "help" and your description. For Example

• 'field_name': fields.char('Field Name', help="here is your tooltip message")

Hope this will help you.

This help message will appear on the label 'Field Name', but I want the message appearing on the textfield itself

Romuald Franck
on 11/12/13, 4:30 PM

Then use placeholder="your message" in xml. It will display message in textfield and when you click on that field it will disapper if you write something and vice-versa.

Bhavesh
on 11/13/13, 1:38 AM

thank you for this proposition but, what I really want is to have the help message appearing on the field rather than on the label when the user simply move the cursor on the field.

Romuald Franck
on 11/13/13, 5:17 AM

thank you

Sirikul Seenukul
on 1/17/14, 3:37 AM
Elmer Padilla
On 1/29/15, 1:45 PM

Hi, 

how set dynamically the tooltip message?

by example:  help = "Inventory on hand" + some python code

thanks!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/11/13, 3:13 AM
Seen: 2206 times
Last updated: 8/8/15, 6:47 AM